Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Prayer for the Dead

Today I pray for all my loved ones
who completed their life's journey ahead of mine.

My beloved parents, Mama and Papa;
all my  brothers and sister;
my friends, classmates and relatives;
and all the souls of the faithful departed.

May you all intercede for me
before God our loving Father,
so that with your prayers and mine
may the Lord be merciful and kind
to bless and guide my path
as I complete my journey in this world.

God, our Father,
your power brings us to birth,
and by your command we return to dust.

Lord, those who die live in your presence,
their lives change but do not end.
I pray in hope for my dear family,
relatives, classmates and friends,
and for all the dead known to you alone.

In the company of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who died and now lives,
may they rejoice in your Kingdom
where all the tears are wiped away;
unite us together again in one family,
to sing your praise for ever and ever,
.....someday.... but not too soon for me,
until I am done with my life's mission
as you will, O Lord. Amen.

Deo Optimo Maximo!

No comments:

Post a Comment