Monday, May 8, 2017

9 May 2017: Tuesday

To dream still......

Good morning, World.... and thank you for this new and beautiful day.

Can I take a break from my daily routine, to enjoy the few things in life that is still free... like Mother Nature for example?  For today I want to go to a place of peace and serenity, in the countryside perhaps, or just imagine myself to be in such a place, enjoying the gift of Nature and nourish my mind with life's valuable lessons that Nature imparts.

In the countryside, I can enjoy the fresh air again, or even the view of clean water freely flowing in a stream. I can feel it in my hands yet cannot hold on to it, even for a second. Because it just goes on to flow, almost non-stop, into the wide oceans and seas. What life's lesson does it teach us?

The flowing water in a stream mirrors some truths about life as well. Because life is a continuing journey too, much like the flowing water of a stream. We can feel it, live it, but life moves on in a journey until we reach our final destiny.... one day.

Even so, if for a moment God were to give me a chance to pause from the journey of life, on this very special day today, I would want to take advantage of such a moment in time to reflect and appreciate my many blessings in life, as I celebrate another milestone today.

So, thank You, Lord, for many answered prayers of mine, and thank You more every time I become the answer to someone else's prayer.

Thank You for the gift of each day, even as I now tread past the mark nearing life's sunset. How I live my remaining years is my gift to God and to myself as well. 

Thank You that I have seen the good days and the bad ones. For together they make me a learned and wise person I think, always grateful for the gift of living.

Thank You even when I do not always get what I want... because what really matters is that You always bless me with all that I really need. Now I understand that what I actually have are what matter most, and anything more is just a lust for extravagance.

So thank You that I no longer grieve for anything else, and rejoice instead over my many blessings... no matter how small they may seem.

I realize that my life is far from perfect, but thank You, Lord, that I have my perfect moments... every time I share kindness and love to those in need.

Thank You that at senior years I have better control of my voyage in the sea of life, trusting more in Your providence than worry about things that I may not have control anyway.

Thank You, too, for the gift of family and dear friends; they are truly my blessing.. for their patience, understanding, and acceptance of me for who I am, in spite of myself and imperfections.

Thank You for the gift of life, my loved ones and friends who walk with me in this journey as together we enjoy still the wonders of Your creation.

Dear Lord, I pray to be deserving always of Your generosity that allows me more time in our world, to dream still, and wallow in the sunlight like the child I once was, leaving uncovered not only my body but even my soul as I trust completely in Your divine providence.

For I believe that there is always a new  morning when life gives us another opportunity, second chances if you wish, to make things better than they were.

Then, perhaps, I would try to sleep less and dream more (even when my body craves for more sleep at senior years). Because now I realize that for every minute that I close my eyes I lose sixty seconds of light.

I would even dare to try where others would give up so easily, or rise up when others prefer to just sleep away, so that second chances and opportunities in life are not wasted.

I would enjoy life more, like I do enjoy it now, and prove to everyone that we must not stop to fall in love as we get older, because we actually get older when we stop to fall in love.

I would go on to celebrate life, feel young always, despite my age, by surrounding myself with my family and dear friends to keep me company in my remaining years, and towards the sunset of life.

Lord, please let me go on to dream, to face life's challenges, enjoy the journey, explore
still the unknown, and yet never be afraid to at least try. Because I know You are already there, waiting for my return to the heavenly home.

And then one day...... when my voyage is done, and I make my final step in the shores of life's sunset, I pray welcome me home please and receive my soul with Your forgiving heart for all the failures that my worldly life may not have overcome by that time.

But today, my special day, my heart whispers a prayer... 

Thank You, Lord for the gift of this new day, as I celebrate another milestone in my life... even when I am just now enjoying the pre-departure area of my final flight home to You. For in all things, Your will be done always, my God and my Lord. Amen.

 Ad Jesum per Mariam!

No comments:

Post a Comment